In this Issue:
- 2020 Q3 MC meeting notes
- New EPSMA publications to be issued shortly
- Paul Conway retires as TC chairman, Vlad Grigore takes over
Click the text for links
- 2020 IEEE 21st Workshop on Control and Modelling for Power Electronics (COMPEL) postponed to Nov 9-12 2020
- ESTC - Electronics System-Integration Technology Conference Vestfold Norway 15-18 Sept 202
- PEMC - International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference Gliwice Poland 20-24 Sept 2020
- 2020 IEEE First International Conference on Smart Technologies for Power, Energy and Control (STPEC) (Virtual) Sep 25-26
- 2020 9th International Conference on Renewable Energy Research and Application (ICRERA) Sep 27-30 Glasgow UK
- PEDG 2020 (Virtual) Sept 28-Oct 1st
- Battery experts forum Sept 29th - October 1st 2020 Frankfurt
- Batteries Event 2020 Lyon Oct 7-9
- Battery seminars Le Bourget du Lac Oct 13-14
- The Battery Show Europe 2020 Stuttgart Oct 15-17
- eMove 360° Munich Oct 20-22
- 2020 2nd Global Power, Energy and Communication Conference (GPECOM) (Virtual) Oct 20-23
- Battery seminar Le Bourget Du Lac Oct 22-23
- Battery Seminar Appenzell Oct 26-27
- Oxis Energy Forum 2020 Oxford Oct 28
- eGrid 2020 Aachen Nov 2-4
- 2020 International Symposium on Industrial Electronics and Applications (INDEL) Banja Luka Nov 4-6
- 2020 IEEE 61st International Scientific Conference on Power and Electrical Engineering of Riga Technical University (RTUCON). Latvia Nov 5-7
- 2020 IEEE 21st Workshop on Control and Modeling for Power Electronics (COMPEL) Aalborg Nov 9-12
- International Future Energy Challenge 2020 Aalborg Nov 9-12
- Battery Seminar Wezep Nov 11-12
- IEEE PELS WoW 2020 Conference (Virtual) Nov 15-19
Notes from the Secretariat
Welcome to the Autumn 2020 EPSMA newsletter. The recent conference call MC meeting was again well attended with useful discussions, particularly about regulatory issues in the US and China that are affecting EPSMA members.
At the meeting we said goodbye to our TC Chairman Paul Conway who has been associated with the EPSMA for 19 years, serving as the Technical Committee Chairman for the last 8½ years. The MC thanked Paul for his thorough work and leadership and wished him well for the future.
Vlad Grigore of Efore takes on the role of TC Chairman and will be working with Paul Conway and Paul Lee over the next weeks to ensure a smooth transition.
Q3 2020 MC meeting
The Q3/20 management committee meeting was held on Tuesday 8th Sept as a conference call kindly hosted by PULS. Minutes and meeting slides are in the members’ area of the website.
As usual, Paul Lee, for the secretariat, gave members an update on membership numbers, website developments, Brexit implications and EPSMA finance.
Paul Conway reported on the work of the Technical Committee.
The MC approved the document “Embedded software verification and validation in power supplies” for immediate release as a ‘members only’ publication, but a press release will be prepared with a synopsis available for public viewing.
Similarly, document “Guidelines for lifetime specification of power converters” will be released shortly as ‘members only’ after some final edits.
The MC unanimously thanked the TC, particularly the report authors, for their efforts in writing these valuable reports. It is hoped that a new program of work can be approved at the next MC meeting and suggestions for topics are encouraged from all members.
The meeting discussed continuing concerns that the US market resists acceptance of safety marking other than UL. The effect of an upcoming regulation in China was also discussed where CCC marking will become mandatory on 1st October for power supplies already ATEX certified.
The next MC meeting and AGM would normally be held at Electronica in Munich but the show is now cancelled, so the meeting will be a conference call, provisionally on Tuesday 10th November. All members are invited to call in and details will be circulated nearer the date.
The next TC meeting would also normally be at Electronica in Munich. This will now be a conference call, probably on the 9th November.
We have a ’Linkedin’ forum for members to use and a data base of UL non-conformances for members to log their observations. Contact the secretariat for more details.
CE Marking Issues forum
Remember we have a forum for issues members have with “CE” marking. If you would like to share problems (and resolutions!) With other members, please contact the secretariat with details.