In this Issue:
- 2019 Q2 MC meeting
- 2019 Q2 TC meeting
- New TC report topics
- Discussions with UL
Click the text for links
- International Electric Vehicle Symposium & Exhibition Lyon May 19-22
- 2019 1st Global Power, Energy and Communication Conference (GPECOM) June 12-15 Turkey
- Battery Seminar Le Gourget Du Lac France Jun 12-13
- 2019 IEEE Wireless Power Transfer Conference (WPTC) Lomdon June 18-12
- 2019 IEEE PELS Workshop on Emerging Technologies: Wireless Power Transfer (WoW) London June 18-21
- 2019 IEEE IEEE Future of Electronic Power Processing and Conversion (FEPPCON) Jun 25-29 Svalbard
- 2019 11th International Conference on Electronics, Computers and Artificial Intelligence (ECAI) Jun 27-29 Pitesti Romania
- 2019 12th International Symposium on Linear Drives for Industry Applications (LDIA) July 1-3 Neuchatel Switzerland
- 2019 IEEE 13th International Conference on Power Electronics and Drive Systems (PEDS) Toulouse July 9-12
- Battery Seminar Zwolle netherlands July 10-11
- 3rd Norway Offshore and Marine Battery Conference Aug 26-27 Oslo
- 2019 International Aegean Conference on Electrical Machines and Power Electronics (ACEMP) & 2019 International Conference on Optimization of Electrical and Electronic Equipment (OPTIM) Aug 27-29 Istanbul
- 2019 IEEE 12th International Symposium on Diagnostics for Electrical Machines, Power Electronics and Drives (SDEMPED) Aug 27-30 Toulouse
- 2019 21st European Conference on Power Electronics and Applications (EPE '19 ECCE Europe) Sept 2-5 Genova
- 2019 IEEE 10th International Symposium on Sensorless Control for Electrical Drives (SLED) Sep 9-10 Torino
Notes from the Secretariat
Welcome to the Summer 2019 EPSMA newsletter. We’ve just had our second-quarter technical and management committee meetings in Nuremberg with record attendances, See below for progress with the latest EPSMA technical reports and discussions with UL to streamline the product approvals process. Members can see the full meeting minutes and slides in the members’ area of the website. Contact the secretariat if you need your log in credentials resent
Q2 2019 Management Committee meeting
TC project progress was discussed (see below).
Manfred Schlenk reported back on his presentation to PSMA at their AGM at APEC in Anaheim. We are looking forward to closer cooperation with the PSMA, particularly on common projects such as ‘Embedded software validation in power supplies’.
Three representatives from UL laboratories attended the MC meeting to discuss service levels and costs. Lively debate resulted in a better understanding by UL of member needs and their desire for transparency in costing. UL contributed ideas for reduction in overall costs by early involvement with them. We agreed to meet again to review service levels.
The meeting minutes and slides are in the members’ area of the website
Q2 2019 Technical Committee meeting
17 TC members attended the meeting hosted by Siemens in Nuremberg with another two conferenced in. Paul Conway, TC chairman gave a summary of TC activities and progress with the recently agreed TC projects:
- Guidelines to lifetime prediction for power supplies: Work is about to start with four volunteers from the TC from members Puls, Infineon, Artesyn and Murrelektronik
- Embedded Software Validation in power supplies: Preliminary work has been done by Efore on a ‘mind map’ for this project. This great work takes us a long way towards a finished document. The American PSMA is starting a similar project and contact has been made with them to share information.
The next MC meeting will be a conference call on the 17th September 1pm CET and our AGM will be at SiQ premises in Ljubljana, Slovenia on the 12th November. Any non-MC members wishing to attend are welcome. Please contact the secretariat.
We have a ’Linkedin’ forum for members to use and a database of UL non-conformances for members to log their observations. Contact the secretariat for more details.
CE Marking Issues forum
Remember we have a forum for issues members have with “CE” marking. If you would like to share problems (and resolutions!) With other members, please contact the secretariat with details.