In this Issue:
- 2023 Q2 management committee conference call
- CE marking of board-mount DC-DCs
- New technical committee project proposals
Click the text for links
- International Conference EEHE 2023
June 13-14, 2023 in Essen, Germany
- Intersolar Europe Munich June 14-16
- Power2drive Munich June 14-16
- IEEE CPE-POWERENG Tallin Jun 14-16
- Automotive HV power systems Munich Jun 26-29
- 2023 15th International Conference on Electronics, Computers and Artificial Intelligence (ECAI), Bucharest 29th June 23
- GMPOWER 2023 London August 21-23
- 2023 IEEE 14th International Symposium on Diagnostics for Electrical Machines, Power Electronics and Drives (SDEMPED) 28th Aug 23 Chania Crete
- International Conference on Optimization of Electrical and Electronic Equipment (OPTIM), 1st Sep 23, Izmir Turkey
- EPE’23 ECCE Europe 4-8 Sept Aalborg Denmark
- International Conference on Silicon Carbide and related materials Sorrento Sep 17-22
Notes from the Secretariat
The Q2 2023 management committee meeting was held on the 25th May with good attendance.
Discussions were held on the detailed contents of the proposed EPSMA paper on EMC standards. A statement of work will be issued before the next meeting.
The EPSMA notes that board-mounted DC-DC products are appearing on the market, CE and sometimes UKCA marked. It is the EPSMA understanding that this is not correct as these products are components not end-products. CE marking of this category of product is a precedent that could have wide implications so the EPSMA is considering raising the issue at EU level.
The EPSMA is assembling a 'knowledgebase' area on the website members area. This is embryonic but members and others are encouraged to send data for inclusion if not under copyright, or otherwise links. Documents not generally available will be put there for members' use.
Minutes for the TC meetings are available in the website members' area. Activities are summarised in the slides attached to the management committee minutes, again in the members area.
We have a ’Linkedin’ forum for members to use and a data base of UL non-conformances for members to log their observations. Contact the secretariat for more details.
CE Marking Issues forum
Remember we have a forum for issues members have with “CE” marking. If you would like to share problems (and resolutions!) With other members, please contact the secretariat with details.